An inspiring and beautiful book to start you on your natural dyes journey:
Content of the book:
- A short history of natural dyeing with plants in Nordic culture.
- A beginner’s guide on how to get started with natural dyeing and collecting plants in nature.
- An overview of colours and fibres suitable for natural dyeing.
- Recipes for dyeing with fresh and dried plant material.
- An overview of plant materials to collect in Nordic nature and which to buy such as madder root, cochineal and indigo.
- A guide to preparing yarn and fabric for dyeing that lasts.
- A guide to tools used in the various processes dyeing.
- 8 recipes covering mordanting, dyeing with fresh and dried plants as well as historic dyes such as indigo, madder root and cochineal.